Sunday, November 21, 2010

More front axle

Today we got back to it.

One side of the wish bone is bent. We have a replacement but the bolt that holds it together is pretty solid. Looks like someone used it to jacket the car up once. That bent the thread and nut. 

So after lots and heating and cooling it's still together for now...

What did get done was we bought the lug nuts and nut for the hub that was missing. Got the brake drums off with pullers as one was stuck. There was rust, brake dust and mud in there. I removed the brake shoes and lubed it up and put them back together. They spin nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment